Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Recent Page Turning: My Book List

Recognize that cutting board Amber?

Read Recently


The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin ****

The Round House by Louise Erdrich ***

Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout ****

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells ****

Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander **** (I read this in one 3.5 hour plane ride!)

*           Meh 
**         It's a book
***       Glad I read that
****     I'd tell other people to read this 
*****   Great book, loved it!

Currently Reading


Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin

A Thousand Names for Joy by Byron Katie

Saint Térése of Liseux by Kathryn Harrison

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon


Incidentally, while strolling through photos of cute kitties and puppies on Buzzfeed last night I came across a post titled, 32 Books That Will Actually Change Your Life.  Now, I'm not sure all (or any) of these books would change anyones life, but I've read a handful of them and really liked each one. I'm keeping the list for a rainy day (which I believe we'll be experiencing rather soon, it's England, afterall).

So that's my bookshelf. What's on yours?
Got anything deserving of 5 *'s?
Comment and share your book title, or email me privately.

Thanks for reading!

P.S. Wanna know what I was looking at on Buzzfeed before I found the book list? Don't judge.

4 comments:

  1. Ya-Ya's is one of my all time favorites.....You are so very close to Liseux in Normandy....I hope you can go and see the beautiful, restored abbey...bombed in WWII...and her resting place. I have never been, but an old book I read many years ago talks of the peacefulness of the abbey. During WWI the French soldiers felt a special affinity towards St. Terese...

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our book group just finished and discussed Book of the People by Geraldine Brooks. She's coming to speak at Denver University this fall/winter. I rate the book ***. Next on the reading list is The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer. This book attempts to answer the question, "Who are you really?" I can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Fault in our Stars *****
    I have a sleeping baby on my lap so I can't grab a URL link on my laptop at the moment, but trust me you will love this story of teen love, angst, humor and chemo.
    Miss you Hayley!! ~ S.W. and baby Kaia

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS You can also find it on the Buzzfeed list. #20.

    ReplyDelete