Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year Eve - 2012

Joyce Dopkeen/The New York Times

Devin shared this short video with me today.

With the wind howling outside and clouds speedily tearing across the sky I sat and listened to Maurice Sendack and Terry Gross speak on the program Fresh Air. A surprisingly poignent interview, packed with wisdom and emotion from Sendack, a magical creative mind that gave the world many gifts. Sendack died this May at the age of 83.

The best advice I've heard of late came from the end of this little video.
Simple and True.

"Live your life. Live your life. Live your life." - M. Sendack


These words feel ever so appropriate as we say goodbye to 2012 and begin another trip around the sun.

"I wish you all good things" T.Gross

Happy New Year.


p.s. Here's a less somber glimpse of Sendack on Stephen Colbert.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that interview a while ago and absolutely loved it. It was so interesting to listen to him after growing up with his books. Thanks for the reminder! Oh, and relating to your post with the reading list--I just read this (rather than listened to) this review. Sounds like a fun read. If I don't get around to it, it was a fun interview anyway.

    http://www.npr.org/2011/11/29/142848012/pride-and-prejudice-meets-clue-at-pemberley

    ReplyDelete