Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


After about four hours of painting and drawing (more on that later) I needed to do some moving about. What to do . . . what to do . . . make cookies! I'd been thinking about doing this before my in-laws arrive on Thursday because I know my father-in-law is a cookie monster, much like his son. (If there are homemade cookies in the house, Devin eats them for breakfast = cookie monster)

I decided to make something different than my usual go-to recipes so after searching online for a bit, I found this recipe and modified it to meet my needs and desires (nuts and oatmeal).

I've only had one, but they turned out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself. While baking the cookies I made another quiche because I still had one homemade pie crust in the fridge from when I made quiche last week.  This time I blind baked the crust and it turned out better than last weeks, but still had a bit of a "soggy bottom". I think next time I'll bake it for longer (15 minutes instead of 12), with more beans inside the parchment paper to better distribute the heat.

Before you rush off to make these chewy, gooey, tasty discs of chocolatey goodness, make sure you try reading my blog (or any website you visit on a regular basis) though the mastermind of gizoogle.net. It makes most websites read with a touch more gansta to them. (Thanks to Gayle for the tip!)


Ingredients


1 1/4 cups butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup diced pecans (or nut of your choice)

Preparation


Cream together the butter and sugars, then add the eggs and vanilla.

Blend in the cocoa and add baking soda, salt and blend well.

Slowly add the flour into the creamed mixture, adding the oats after all the flour is incorporated.

Last,  fold in the chocolate chips and pecans

Bake at 350°F/175°C for 9 - 12 minutes, turning trays half-way through baking time.

Yield: 24(ish) cookies


4 comments:

  1. First, thanks for the recipe. I'll be over in the morning to sample one and decide whether I need to make some myself. 2nd, looking forward to hearing more about the painting etc. And now--Okay, my stomach hurts from laughing! Dis was just tha shiznit I needed after a long ass day!
    What did you decide about tomorrow?
    Would yo ass try ta peep em if yo ass was me, biatch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please come eat them. We have so many! Don't you love that website? So great.

      Delete
  2. Yes...Greg is a Cookie Monster....I remember him sweetly gobbling down my first efforts at shortbread cookies for christmas....Edie's Almond Bars are to die for too....

    Give them a hug from me...on to you too as well...

    Did you see the Duke and Duchess...personally I think it would be cool...

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol!

      We are so excited to see them! Cookie Monsters and all! I did manage to see the Duke and Duchess today, front and center too! Surprise, surprise, they're people, just like us! Was still fun though!
      Thanks for reading!
      Hayley

      Delete