Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thank You

I want to say thank you to everyone who read, and responded to my previous post.

Moments after I posted I received several responses from friends and family, from all walks of my life. Their words were warm and heartfelt, filled with kindness, concern, support and humor. As many people pointed out we've been through quite a lot these past many months, and I might just want to take some time to feel how I feel, even if it's not 100% positive and giddy all the time. If I've learned anything in this wee life of mine, it's that nothing is 100% anything for any period of time (okay, I guess gravity is pretty constant but I'm waxing poetic, leave me be).  Heck, I'm a therapist, you'd think I'd know that it's okay, and even necessary to experience all the feelings I'm feeling, instead of running through them as quickly as I possibly can, hoping to dodge the raindrops for fear of getting a little wet.

So thank you all. Thank you for reminding me to be compassionate with myself. For reflecting to me I have permission to be and feel exactly as I do in this moment, as well as in the next, the next, the next . . . For the gentle kick in the ass, causing me to remember that I've passed this way before and soon it will all be behind me and I'll look back on these moments with fondness and familiarity.


No comments:

Post a Comment