Amazing how many references I could make to being online and being out in nature.
Let me tell you, moving to a foreign country without internet or phones makes getting settled a bit of a hassle. You have to actually talk to people and use paper maps. Must be just like what the pilgrims experienced. A hard life indeed.
But I digress.
We have the interwebs now. Ahhhhhh.
And there's so much to tell you!
In list format (I love me some bullet points) this was yesterday:
- Rode bike to Addenbrooke's Hospital to meet with a Music Therapist
- LOVED the Music Therapist! (Instrument of choice: Accordion!)
- Visited bike store #1. Test rode an amazing bike. Rode it to Devin's work. Devin loved it too.
- Tried to find another bike store. Got lost. Sat in grassy field, ate some snacks.
|Lost and Snacking|
- Visited bike store #2. Test rode a so-so hybrid bike. Dogged tourists. 'Eh' about the bike
- Bought a Brie and to-MA-toe sandwich. Yum! Ate in sun on crazy-old college steps.
- Visited bike store #3. Test rode the worst bike of them all. Ew.
- Returned rental bike. Walked past cows, finished sandwich.
- Returned to bike store #1. Purchased bike! As well as some bike accoutrements. 1 hour before bike was ready to ride.
- Plopped down in pub (The Prince Regent). Bought a pint from a bartender named Hayley. Read through Music Therapy stuff from Addenbrooke's. Invited Devin to ditch work and join me.
- Devin joined me at pub. More beer. Picked up bike!
- Rode to another pub (The Red Bull) known for their pizza.
|The Red Bull Pub (Bad name, Good food)|
- Beer. Pizza (so good!). Soup & Salad.
- Bike ride through the cool night home.
- Book reading and bedtime.
|My Trusty New Steed|
That's all for this post.
More tomorrow about my exciting trip to a new grocery store, waiting for the internet install guy, and learning to follow an actual crochet pattern. Don't hold your breath!
Over and out.