Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book Club: January

Host: Kim Keogh
Date: January 22, 2012
Book: Rin Tin Tin: The Life and The Legend by
Food Theme: Movie Food and Such
Movie Viewed: One Day




Menu
Kale Chips - http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/baked-kale-chips/
Popcorn with Toppings - Nutritional Yeast, Salt, Bragg's, M&M's, Hot Tamales, etc
Loads of candy
Other things I don't remember because I'm an inconsistent blogger

We spent a cozy Sunday afternoon at Kimmy's house eating food, munching on snacks and wiping our romantic-comedy induced tears at the movie One Day, a book we read ages ago that since came out as a decent film.  Am I right ladies?  We liked the movie right?  I know I did.

As for the book . . . I don't think I read very much of it.  I got about 1/3 of the way into it, but as soon as Rin Tin Tin hit the Hollywood scene I lost interest.  I did learn about the origin of German Shepard dogs though, and the story about how Rin Tin Tin was discovered at the end of (or during) the war was rather touching and sweet.  I guess I grew up as more of a Lassie re-run generation.

Yay for book club!  Yay for eventually updating the blog to reflect that we've been going strong for years now!  Let's see if I can catch up on February - June before we meet on Wednesday . . . Type like the wind fingers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment