Saturday, June 2, 2012

Book Club - February

Host:  Sarah Lusardi
Book:  You Know the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon
Date:  February 21, 2012
Food Theme: ? Anyone? I don't think we had one, but I'm pretty sure I made a cauliflower macaroni!


I for one really enjoyed Siobhan Fallon's book, and if my memory in June serves me correctly (gasp! I've not done a Book Club Blog post since January!?!) the other book clubbers liked this book too.  Short stories that all gently overlapped with one another in a way that left you hungry for more, but not so inconsolably dissatisfied that you were ready to give up.  A bittersweet glimpse into what some families might be experiencing as their partners and family members serve overseas in various wars and fluttering democracies.

It was on this night that we decided and comitted to finally doing a Book Club overnight at some point in the near future.  The dates in April were set, and the search for places to lay our book-reading-weary heads was on . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment