Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Year: One Blog


A year has come and gone since I started this blog. I'm not convinced I have what it takes to be a 'Blogger', or what that might even mean. I do know that writing it down (whatever 'it' is) feels good. Or to steal a book title from author Natalie Goldberg, blogging for me is "Writing down the bones". Blogging serves me in much the same way as art-making. It's a space to document, to track, to remember, to re-experience and re-examine my life.

On average, I managed to write just short of one post a week during 2011, although those posts came in more a digest-style vs. the usual daily report. I honestly don't know how people manage to blog daily. Perhaps you just have to make it a daily ritual like checking your mail, touching your toes or brushing your teeth. Maybe once I'm settled in England and feeling far away from friends and family I'll make it more of my daily ritual. Until then though, I'll continue with my massive digest stye of blogging.

Thanks for reading.
Happy 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment