Monday, January 16, 2012

Save the Dates and Tissue Flowers


We had a couple of people on the guest list who didn't have email addresses and so I made some paper Save The Date cards. Pretty straightforward, but they were fun to make!

I also goofed around with some really basic tissue paper flowers today. Tissue poms and flowers have been all the rage for a number of years now. In fact, for my best friend's wedding (The lovely Megan Hohn Surly) we made hundreds of these. Small, medium, and large sizes and they looked beautiful! We attached small ones to twigs they'd gathered and used them as centerpieces. If I had good photos of this I'd post them here, but alas, I do not.





I'm not thrilled with the colors but I was using tissue paper I had around the house. I  do like the shape and shadow of the flower though, and they are really fast and easy to make. I've tried making another kind of paper flower but it was much more time consuming and harder on my hands. It turned out beautifully though, see?

I'm thinking the tissue paper flowers would make a good napkin-dresser-upper. I got the idea to put them around napkins from ye ol' Martha Stewart. Perhaps if we have the flowers around the napkins and a few candles in jars in the center that would be all the dressing up the tables would need. Even if this is what we end up doing, half the fun is making stuff, looking at design and ideas, and eventually ending up where you started, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment