Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bay Area Bucket List


By the time we move away from the Bay Area in June, I will have called the East Bay home for a little over 8 years. That's the longest I've lived anywhere, save my childhood home in Sioux City, Iowa in which I lived for . . . 8 years! Something magical about that number I guess.

It's no surprise that there are many, many things I've yet to do in and around San Francisco and because of this, I've created a bucket list of things to do before we go. Some things on the list I'll be doing for the first time, while others I want to do one last time before departing.

Here are some examples of Bucket List items:

Take Devin to the California Academy of Sciences (check!)
Visit and have tea in Golden Gate Park Japanese Tea Garden (check!)
Brunch at 900 Grayson
Cocktails at Mua in Oakland
Sunset Bay Ferry Cruise into San Francisco
Summit Mt. Diablo & Mt.Tamalpais

Devin and I have created a Google calendar of when we'll be doing these items and invite friends & family to join us! If you'd like us to share the calendar with you let me know and I'll add you to it.

Bay Area people, what should I add to the list?
Out of towners, what would you do if you visited the SF area for a week?

2 comments:

  1. Go see Pacific Mambo Orchestra Live in Concert on Thursday, February 16th at Cafe Cocomo with a free Salsa Dance Lesson at 8pm, followed by a few Mojitos......
    www.pacificmambo.com
    www.cafecocomo.com
    Stef

    ReplyDelete