Monday, November 28, 2011

Denver Wedding Hunt



A few weeks ago I took a trip to Denver in an attempt to make some decisions around our wedding plans. After a few months of wedblogging I was ready to jump in with both feet and make some decisions. Devin and I have had so much going on this fall that I was feeling the need to put down some wedding-planning roots so I could move on to other important and looming events (23-page application for an English Art Therapy license, to be exact).

The four day weekend was packed with visiting venues, meeting with caterers, trying on wedding dresses (a blur of tulle and white fabric), studying ring designs (a blur of shiny objects), and fabulous family dinners, night after night. My family and future in-laws were super-wedding-troopers. They Oohed and Ahhed at all the right dresses, pointed out the lovely and not so lovely parts of the venue to consider, asked all the right questions at the caterer's and reminded me every step of the way that this wedding is about one thing, and one thing alone: Devin and I.

After taking into account our timeline for moving and all the other variables we had to consider, (finishing his PhD, working long enough at the hospital to receive my pension, shipping our belongings to England, hauling other stuff to Colorado, taking our time to camp in Utah on our road-trip, Colorado's weather in early June vs. mid-July) we decided on a date and crossed our fingers that both the caterer and the venue would be available when I went to visit them both again on Monday before flying home.

Much to my pleasure (and rapidly decreasing anxiety levels) we got the date we wanted!

July 14, 2012

Three years and one month (well, almost) from the day we met.
I am so looking forward to that day and the days leading up to and surrounding it. Thanks to my family for being such a support as we've figured this out! We couldn't have done it without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment