Monday, November 28, 2011

Book Club - October

Host: Yours Truly
Date: Wednesday, October 26th
Book: The Magician King, by Lev Grossman
Food Theme: I think we failed at a theme and just brought what we were able to bring



I believe Jessie finished this book (in time) and perhaps only 3 others of us had actually started reading it before book club met. Overall, (prepare yourself for another fantastic literary review) it was good. I actually never finished it because I stopped caring about the characters about halfway through. Maybe I read it too slowly or infrequently to stay attached to the story or the plot . . . every time I picked it up again I was bored with their battles to save the magical world of Fillory. Maybe Harry Potter spoiled me for other magical book series, I may have had only enough room for one magical world in my literary heart. Book Clubbers, speak up if you have something to say about this (or other) books I review! 

Host: Kim Keogh (Technically)
Food Theme: Ethiopian Restaurant!
Date: November 29, 2011 7:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment