Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book Club - May

May 26, 2011


Host: Sarah Lusardi
Book: Just Kids by Patti Smith
Food Theme: Favorite Musician's Favorite Food


Because I've been a bad blogger I can't even remember what we discussed at this book club. I think we ate many tasty things as usual . . .


Girls, feel free to comment and add who your musician was and what you brought:
Hayley: Andrew Bird / Olives (supplemented with crackers and cheese)
Sarah: 
Teresa:
Kim: Brownies and Chocolate covered candies
Anna:
Jessie:


I believe we all finished the book (?) and thought it was an interesting glimpse into the lives of musicians and artists in the 60's and 70's, especially the lives of Patty and Robert.
I had a hard time swallowing that anyone's life could be so amazing and so casually filled with such famous people. I don't doubt the truth of it, not in the least, it's just simply hard to imagine how many creative people there were coming together at that time in New York. It seems like it was such a rich time to have been alive and in that scene.


The only photo I managed to take. Dessert!
Browinies with "dust", Candy "Pills", and Boston Cream Pie in honor of my Birthday!


The June book is (or was):
Host: Kim Keogh
Date: June 29, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment