Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book Club - June





Host: Kim Keogh
Date: June 26, 2011
Book: The Monsters of Templeton
Food Theme: Family Recipes


Once again I believe that most of the group read this book (except me). I discovered that it was cheaper to purchase the actual book instead of buying it for my Kindle . . . and proceeded to accidentally order it from England for $0.01. While it arrived in plenty of time for me to tuck into it, I let it languish on my bedside table and read this book instead.
Food was fantastic as usual, a smattering of guacamole (Teresa), a tasty green salad (Anna), the infamous Lusardi "Wine Cake" (Sarah), Quinoa Walnut Salad, Coleslaw and Curried Potato Salad (Whole Foods-Me), and artichoke tasty bites (HOMEMADE by Kimmy)! Unfortunately Jessie had to sit this book club out since she came down with a case of "the sickness" (really just a cold, but I want to call it "the sickness" because I believe it had her down for days!).


We talked book, pending travel (Kim to Thailand), happy jobs (Tree), potential moves (Me), babies (Anna), and the mystery of fantastic cake recipes (Sarah). A good time was had by all. (Photos added soon, again, stupid iPhoto . . .)


Next month:
July Book: The Island by Victoria Hislop


Victoria Hislop
Host: Jessie Murphy
Date: July 20, 2011 (Sarah's Birthday!)
Food Theme: Greek food (Duh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment